Tuesday, December 22, 2015

This Christmas Take-Over: "With an uneasy feeling in my chest"


Another downer, but it seems fitting for this year: a time when our leaders are threatened by the very thought of cooperating with one another, and the nation can't muster even the slightest bit of enthusiasm for any of the egomaniacs battling to be the next president. 

It's a troubling state of affairs, and we all know it. That's the one thing everyone seems to agree about: this isn't working.

And yet each of us (myself included) seems more willing to draw lines in the social media sand than to try and find shared  goals for our nation. It's embarrassing.

For the record, I don't particularly like it when other people sermonize at me like this. Even with the greatest of intentions, it's terribly patronizing, and it doesn't actually change anything. 

So, I'll shut up and kick it over to Steve Earle. 

And with three days til Christmas, I'll try and get more upbeat....

No comments: