Saturday, July 19, 2008

rolling stones steel wheels


rolling stones steel wheels
Originally uploaded by tonbabydc
My first concert ever. My older brother, Joe, is the greatest brother on earth for taking me to this show with his college friends, even though i was only 14. 
I have always had (and always will have) a thing for the Stones because of this experience.

Seriously...fuck the Beatles.

If you look closely, you'll see that the seats were obstructed view; I didn't see Bill Wyman until the curtain call.

It didn't matter - the show blew my mind....especially "2,000 Light Years From Home" and "Gimmie Shelter," but most especially "Sympathy for the Devil." Performed on a five-story high rise platform that was level with the top tier of RFK Stadium, Mick Jagger gave one of the single most magical performances I have ever, ever seen.

Living Colour opened. They looked a little lost on that great big stage. 

Eek. I just remembered that I totally bought their lame concert tee at that show.

No comments: